What is The Rocket Surgery?
<Insert Charming Summary>
The goal of this site is, ultimately, to try and make the world a better place.
I believe that if more people took just a little more time to think about life, to reflect on how crazy and beautiful this mess of existence is, they’d be more inclined to be more ‘intentional’ with their actions; that thoughtful minds, breed thoughtful deeds.
To do so I want to create a space where others can access different perspectives on life than those emphasised by mainstream thought; to create a dialogue on topics that affect us all, but that are either shrouded in taboo or dismissed as ‘common sense’.
But my words and my ideas offer only one perspective. So, to encourage a truly dynamic and unrestrained dialogue, I want to build a community– to invite artists and thinkers from all perspectives to contribute their unique responses to the topics at hand.
How We Do It:
What to Expect:
- Monthly ‘destination’ (topic) suggested and voted for by you, the community.
- Regular blog content on the current topic from my own writing, and relevant contributions of any kind from anyone in the community who wants to give input.
- Weekly Newsletter for Patrons filled with quips and bits to keep you inspired and intrigued, to encourage a little reflection and mindfulness and keep you up to date with the blog – Subscribe!
- Community Benefits for Patreon members (pay as you feel!), including: voting power, exclusive patreon posts and updates, ‘behind-the-scenes’ content from contributors, place on thank you page (official Rocket Scientist!), access to ‘Cultivation’ self-growth resource, pre-release content from my book, the warm fuzzies from supporting artists, and more…
- Always a Way to Get Involved for anyone interested in contributing to the project; whether you just want to read and share, to discuss in comments, to offer questions and suggestions, to submit your own art… the aim is to be accessible for everyone.
- and more to come! This is is still very much early days, and I will always be looking for new ways to reward everyone that shows their support.
[[More on ‘the sky’s the limit’??]]
More Members = More Potential
While I’m doing my all to make this project worthwhile, you decide its potential!
Finding the answers to the deeper questions in our lives (and even finding the questions themselves) cannot be done alone. The pursuit of wisdom – Philosophy – needs a community to bring their unique perspectives together, in order to paint a more honest picture.
That’s why I’ve created my Patreon page, as a way to gather and reward members for taking part in this journey.
The only real cost to getting involved is about 2 minutes of your time:
I hate money and what it does to us, which is why I’ve made membership
Pay As You Feel,
because I need a way to gauge genuine support, but don’t want a pay-wall (plus in an ideal world I get to do this to pay my bills!).
Please Note: Patreon has a £1 minimum donation, so if you can’t justify that right now just e-mail me and I’ll see if we can work something out!